Sunday, July 2, 2006

SIZZLING HOT

Check out my chile pepper and paprika plants at my other blog.


Hungarian paprika.

Here is an excerpt from Caterwauling's post, Summer sizzle: Carnival of the Recipes, ‘Fireworks’ edition:

I’d like to pause for a station identification break to say that I used to work in a hot-sauce store. And I LOVED to give samples to folks who claimed they could “take the heat.” Yeah, I watched many of them scream for their mommies with just a drop of Dave’s Insanity on the tip of a toothpick. Be sure to have a trough of water or maybe even some milk handy if you want to experiment with upping the Scoville units in your dishes.

And on behalf of a LOT of customers, I feel compelled to share another public-service announcement: Remember that the fiery oils in hot sauce (taken from pepper seeds, which is where the heat resides. Anybody can eat a habanero pepper that’s been washed.) remain embedded in your fingertips and tongue for hours. Keep that in mind before any nighttime fireworks displays. … ;) (Caterwauling.com, 07/02/06.)


Related: My post, HOT AND SPICY TOPICS.

No comments:

Post a Comment